Monday, January 11, 2010

Wanderlust


Marilyn's grandparents on their honeymoon... at least I think I remember hearing that. Or maybe they're standing on their front porch? Either way, it's one of my favorite family photos of all time. The shades, the tie flapping in the breeze, the gaze into the horizon, and the wide open road ahead. Life awaits.

“What is the feeling when you're driving away from people, and they recede on the plain till you see their specks dispersing? It's the too huge world vaulting us, and it's good-bye. But we lean forward to the next crazy venture beneath the skies.” 

So very Jack Kerouac!

3 comments:

  1. And that young woman would have been 100 last month & he'd be 106!! Now you carry them in your time machine -- as well as all ofthe rest of us who have crossed your path. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this picture as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. just discovered this blog today, but i think you should submit this pic and the one of your mom standing next to that car to it:

    http://myparentswereawesome.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete