Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Raindrops on Roses and Such

From time to time, I will share some of my favorite things with you, dear readers. How exciting! Maureen might be on a budget, but Marilyn's money is burning a hole in her pocket. How exciting! Let her help you spend your discretionary income.

At some point in every girl's life, she learns never to leave home without her MILK. I first heard this term as a college freshman and I still use it as a quick check before a night out on the town. As concerned as I am about the health of my bones, osteoporosis is not my main concern on a Friday night. The MILK I'm talking about is...
  •  Money
  •  ID
  •  Lipstick (Or, more likely, lip gloss. Lipstick is often too Aunt Ethel for my taste.)
  •  Keys 
Unzip your purses, ladies, because I'm about to throw a new weapon into your arsenal. Drumroll please...


COLGATE WISPS!


You'll have to come up with your own acronym. I can't think of a catchy way to add a "C" or "W" to milk.... KWILM?

These mini disposable toothbrushes are the cutest oral hygiene product I ever did see! And, bonus, they're highly useful. Each wisp comes pre-loaded with a dollop of toothpaste, and the end of the tiny handle is fashioned into a toothpick. Each is individually packaged so you can slip it right back into its foil wrapper if you don't have immediate access to a trashcan. I keep at least one wisp in every purse and I've also added them to the emergency supply kit I keep in my desk. (Note: Said emergency supply kit was assembled to address a bad hair day or hangover, but not an earthquake. Just one way in which South Carolina differs from New Zealand.)

I'm not the only one who has taken notice of the Colgate Wisps. I was recently watching The Tonight Show, and Jay Leno made some crack about how Americans are too fat and lazy to squeeze out their own toothpaste. Now, come on! No one is suggesting you use the wisp as your primary toothbrush. In fact, that would be gross. Jay is so obviously out-of-touch with the young demographic that NBC is booting him right out of the 10pm time slot.

Perk up your ears, Jay, and let me tell you why the wisp is perfect for a gal on the go.
  • Say you've been drinking coffee all morning, ate tuna for lunch, and have an important 1pm meeting. No worries. Whip out a wisp!
  • Say you're out at the bar and need to slip away to "poke yourself in both eyes at the same time." No problem. Whip out a wisp!
  • Say you can't quite make it home on Saturday night and have to crash at your cousin's house... No cause for concern. Whip out a wisp! (And by "cousin," I mean... cousin. Sadly, this is not a euphemism.)
Noon, night, and morning needs for a convenient disposable toothbrush. You'll soon be wondering what you did before the wisp. Okay, maybe you used those Oral-B Brush-Ups finger cover things. Whatever, this is better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment