Furniture salesmen are such flirts!
I've already told you about the young men who sold me sofa #1. Yes, sofa #1. I left work at 1:45pm to await the delivery of sofa #1. When it finally showed up at 7:30pm, it would not fit up the frakking stairs so I straight back to the delivery truck. Grrr.
This brings me to the sofa #2 search. The showroom was pretty empty, so the sales guy hovered around me while I considered my options. Thanks to my indecisiveness, this lasted for quite some time. Then he said, "Is it gay if I sing along to David Archuleta?" I hadn't noticed his humming until he called attention to it. I wouldn't call this "gay" as much as "bad taste." I said I didn't know any Archuleta tunes and he commented that he shouldn't know them either.
So, okay, bad start... but the conversation improved and I'm fairly certain this guy was laying some game on me. He worked in that he was single after ending a 2-year relationship, owned a house, owned a dog, liked the outdoors, had lived in Hawaii, and that furniture salesman can make 6 figures (sure). I gave him my address (for sofa delivery purposes, of course) and this led to a discussion of downtown, good places to hang out, extracurricular activities, etc. He asked if I had met a lot of people since moving here... By this point, I was semi-expecting a non-committal suggestion, invitation, offer to see each other outside the furniture showroom. I mentally considered the pros (he seems like a decent guy) and cons (he is skinny), and decided that I'd probably accept.
Then the moment of truth. I said it was nice to meet him and sincerely thanked him for his help. He stammered a bit, lingered half a second longer than necessary, and said: "Well, you know where to find me if you have any other needs."
Needs? Oh please. Don't be coy. Wimpiness will get you nowhere.
Ask. A girl. Out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

He totally should have played the "we could roll around on this later" (double raised eye brows) comment that could make him more interesting b/c of shear cockiness... it's the only thing a skinny guy has.
ReplyDelete