Wednesday, March 3, 2010

No Spa Zone

The winter weather is taking a toll on my beauty regimen. No wonder I don't have a boyfriend! That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

A few weeks ago, my 9am Saturday eyebrow session was canceled due to inclement weather. Sort of a blessing in disguise because I didn't have a snowball's chance in South Carolina of making that appointment. Who am I kidding? Note to self: Revise calendar to make all weekend mornings "TBD."

We got more "snow" on Tuesday and wouldn't you know that I had a 5:30pm facial? They called at noon to tell me they were closing early due to that infamous inclement weather. Could I move my appointment up "a little bit, well actually a lot" to 4pm. Nope, I have a job. How else would I pay for this pore maintenance? Again, a blessing in disguise in a way. (That work situation that is "sucking the life out of M" has been resolved in a way that means many late nights for me over the next few months. Trading in one bad situation for another...).

When I finally left the office that night, I encountered... some rain. Silly Southerners. If you cancel my facial at the slightest hint of precipitation, how will I continue to be mistaken for a college student?*

*I've recently decided to embrace this other case of mistaken identity. Marilyn is forever young.

No comments:

Post a Comment