I'll let Timberland tell my story (lyrics at 2:15).
Yep, I'm out of the basement and drinking wine in a downtown condo... complete with the cutest goshdarn pineapple doorbell you ever did see. Not only is the pineapple a delicious fruit; it is a symbol of hospitality. What a way to greet guests! I dare you to resist pushing that button. This doorbell screams out... Come and knock on my door; I've been waiting for you...
That can be a good or a bad thing. Three's company, but when does a gathering become a crowd? Maybe when a self-proclaimed professor of architecture overstays his welcome and tries to crash on your couch. Think about Captain Kangaroo singing folk songs in the pre-dawn hours.
"Summer Wages" sing-along, anyone? I didn't think so. Here's a video so you can brush up on the lyrics.
The professor may have been kind enough to "defer to the hostess," but luckily my friends were not. Goodnight, sir.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



yesssss totally Cptn. Kangaroo!
ReplyDelete