Why did I stay away so long? Bad blogger, very bad. I have been partying like the end of the world is near... like supermarkets are running out of jello... like homeless shelters are running out of Mad Dog (Great, now what I am supposed to do with all these paper bags?). Why? Why not? Couldn't tell ya. Marilyn has been "FACE"ing Mo for a solid 8 weeks (and 28 years). Those 2 are gonna have to learn to compromise sooner or later.
So what has she been up to, in a nutshell?
- Celebrating the off-the-hook back-to-back weddings of my best friend and my sister in the keystone state. I know two very, very lucky new husbands!
- Mourning the one-year anniversary of my departure from New Zealand. 6pm Drinkie Fridays at the Green Room are fun and all, but they're not as illicit as 3pm Drinkie Fridays in a foreign government office. And there are no young Kiwi males with whom to rendezvous in the stairwells (There, Claymate... your long awaited, much requested new blog post :) )
- Continuing to wonder, on a daily basis, "Who are these nutcases I work with?"
- Watching the episodes of Oprah that I DVR, on a daily basis. Yep, I said it.
- Having my old car towed, due in large part to the antiquity of the United States Postal Service.
- Buying a new car.
- Wrecking said new car (for which I've made exactly ONE payment) into a wall. Approximately 32 people have suggested this happened under the influence of delicious margaritas. Nope. Did that all on my own.
- Wrapping my brain around the Great Pregnancy Epidemic of 2010. Ladies, the morning-after pill costs $50. Consider it a long term investment. But since that ship has sailed... it's all very exciting!!! The mamas-to-be include 2 of my nearest and dearest (whaddup LB & AHA!). Some of these little cuties have already arrived, and many more are expected before the end of the year. Just when I thought I was over the shock of all the baby news, my sister got a puppy. Equally unexpected.
- Trying to keep up with the baby and puppy crowd. Guess what? I have recently acquired not one... not two... but THREE houseplants with whom to share my TLC (when I remember). It is an ambitious undertaking.
I intend to stay more current with the blog, but I need some gentle prodding every now and then (um, that's what she said). If you are reading this - and you know you are - please... For the Love of Marilyn... say hello in the comments once in a while.


you crashed your car?! i feel your pain. i got into an accident 6 days after getting it and the first day i moved to jersey. it's still being held together with duct tape.
ReplyDeleteWell, not "crashed" so much as "parked into a spot I couldn't get out of." The car is mangled just the same. I will elaborate in a future post.
ReplyDeleteYay, welcome back, looking forward to more posts! By the way, I am still shocked we got a puppy
ReplyDeleteNow finally I hope to have something to look forward to every day or every other month.
ReplyDeleteAwwww... look at that cute little house plant! Puppies don't even compare.
ReplyDelete-Barbara
Is your house plant plugged into the wall? Thanks for the shout out! The little swimmer is air high fiving you right now! I'm soooooo glad you're back on the blog.
ReplyDeleteSooooo glad you're back! Tuning in to see when Mo & Marilyn "meet in the middle"!
ReplyDeleteI heard rumors, but didn't believe it until i saw it. M.Coylne is back!
ReplyDeleteso I'm a bit late on reading this cause I thought you gave up blogging...glad you didn't...congrats on the new house plants. I give them 3 months tops!:-)
ReplyDeleteI have missed you!! (But actually I think you for not blogging. I am WAY behind as well and I killed two houseplants in the past month...
ReplyDeleteWelcome Back.
ReplyDelete