Thursday, February 11, 2010

M & M & M's

We're all acquainted with Marilyn by now, and I've come to appreciate my new pal. She's my scapegoat and my confidante. But two identities are enough! I can cope with a split personality, but a multiple personality disorder would present too many scheduling difficulties.

1) A co-worker recently called me Melissa for the second time.

2) A co-worked attempted to introduce me as follows: "Do you know each other?" The woman replied: "Yes, we've met. How have you been, Meredith?"

3) My new landlord attempted to write my contact information on a post-it note. She said, "I know how to spell your name." I watched her print M... A... (so far, so good)... then..D... E... She wrote Madeline. (Note: That was at least the 3rd time I gave the woman my phone number. She sent me an email on Monday saying "I don't have your phone number. Please call me ASAP.")

Hey y'all, that's not my name.

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back at work Madison.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. This new landlord sounds a bit flighty. You may want to keep an eye on her

    ReplyDelete