Oh my gosh, where does the time go? Sometimes life gets in the way of my blogging. I'll try not to let it happen again.
I recently had bachelorette parties 2 Saturdays in a row, and wow, those tend to turn into all-weekend affairs one way or another. The latest party involved a trip to the City of Brotherly Love, where I got to catch up with 2 things I haven't seen in a long time:
1) My very best friends! I missed them! It seems like wedding-related events are the only times we get together as a group anymore.
2) Snow. I did not miss it! It was nice and pretty to see for one day, but I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with that stuff anymore. I came back with salt-stained shoes. Yuck.
I booked my flight to Philadelphia over a month in advance, but somehow failed to realize until the day of departure that my return flight on Sunday was at 9AM. I had thought it was 9PM... and I spoke in detail to many people about why I booked 9pm. "Sure, it sucks to get home that late at night, but my only other option is 9am and Marilyn doesn't stand a chance of catching that plane after a night of partying." I am a moron.
At approximately 3:30am on Saturday night/Sunday morning, my friends and I made a group decision that I would pack my suitcase and sleep in my clothes. The plan was to get 3.5 hours of sleep, get out of bed, slip on my boots and slip out the door. When the cell phone alarm clock struck 7am, I woke up to find a voicemail waiting for me. In what can only be described as a case of divine intervention, US Air had called to notify me that my flight was delayed by 192 minutes. Hallelujah! I was so happy that I woke up my friends to share the good news. They didn't appreciate that. I climbed back under the covers, got 3 more glorious hours of sleep and was back on South Carolina soil by 2pm. Couldn't have planned it better!
Marilyn's friends greeted her at the airport with this awesome sign.
We frolicked in the snow.
We forgot to buy mixers so I spent about $40 on little juice bottles at Dunkin Donuts. That was a financially irresponsible Marilyn decision.
I bought a "large" soda in the Philly airport and was immediately ashamed of myself. Isn't this gross?? The lid compartment could hold a small soda on its own. No wonder this city has an obesity problem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





Glad to see you are back in touch. Take Care Maury.
ReplyDelete